Rockwell Hardness Tester Calibration
Please note: Our procedure for Calibration requests has changed as of 12/1/22. Please follow the instructions on our Calibration request form.
We provide repair and calibration service for Ames and DoAll Portable Hardness testers with a model number of 12000* or newer. For repairs to your portable hardness tester, an initial $150.00 repair evaluation fee will be charged and applied to your repair costs. Hardness tester calibration should be performed on a periodic basis to verify the continued accuracy of a tester. Electro Arc provides calibration and repair services for testers we manufacture. We provide an estimate to you prior to any repair or calibration. Our calibration and repair services include the
- Disassembling tester
- Complete cleaning of tester
- Visual and mechanical inspection of the tester and accessories
- Part replacement*
- All scales calibrated as required by customer
- Running hardness tests on certified hardness test blocks
- Traceable calibration to NIST standards
*Please note, if you would like to have an older tester calibrated or repaired, we can offer the service without certification of the tester.
* You will be notified of the condition of the tester and any potential issues so that you can make a then
make a decision on whether to fix or not. We make every effort to expedite all calibration and repair
Download and complete this form for service
We will no longer accept testers for repair or calibration without this form completed and accompanied by a PO. You may submit the forms below, or mail them with your tester.Download the RMA form
Our process for Calibration and repair requests has changed. Please be sure to follow the steps below to request repair or calibration services for your tester.
- Download our RMA form and complete and return it either in the form provided for the service, or in an email requesting service.
- The base rate for calibration and repair is $453.35, this amount may change once the tester is calibrated. Please submit a PO for the calibration or repair service with the RMA form.
- Please package your tester securely and include your name, phone number, department and relevant contact information so we can reach you regarding your request.
- ship it to
- Stillion Industries
ATTN: Ames Repair
2055 N. Lima Center Rd.
Dexter MI 4813
Due to issues in receiving a timely reply regarding mailed requests for repair or calibration services, we are requiring that you send the RMA and PO form with the tester or via email (please use the form for Repair or Calibration request) at the time of request. If we receive a tester without this documentation, the tester will be returned* without service.
*All shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer.